.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

One night in Hong Kong

On our way to London earlier this year, A and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend one night and one day in Hong Kong. We spent most of our time wandering around the wet markets and checking out restaurants, grocery shops, bakeries and outdoor food stalls. We didn't recognise everything that we ate but, hey, we like being adventurous! Here are some images for you to drool over:

We love milky tea! I think the cheong fun with yau char kui is normally eaten for breakfast (?) but, fortunately, they still had some available when we were there for lunch because we really wanted to try this. We had to share the table with another couple and when we were leaving, there was a hugh line waiting to get in. Looks like we just missed the lunch rush.

We tried soups and skewers of food from a few of these open air stalls. All the food was pretty yummy, including the stew of tripe etc...

We watched this lady wrapping rolls for some time before trying one. She would spread some rice onto the sheet, then fill it with meatfloss and dried shrimp/veg mix (I think) before placing a stick of yau char kui in the middle and rolling it all up. I don't remember what it's called, but quite delicious.

And to finish off, here are some things we saw in the markets:


3 Comments:

  • Hi Cin, I just scrolled down a bit futher in your blog and found this Hong Kong post. You saw a lot in 24 hours! I was there for a week last year but I didn't make it to any of the wet markets. We did enjoy copious amounts of yum cha though, including cheong fun! Mmm!

    By Blogger Kelly, at Sun. Aug. 14, 07:31:00 pm AEST  

  • Great photos of food in Hong Kong. We loved it there in 1996, stayed there for about 10 days, have been wanting to go back ever since. I hope you get a chance to go back for a longer visit. My favorite place to eat and hang out in was Temple Street Market.

    By Blogger Val, at Wed. Aug. 24, 04:20:00 pm AEST  

  • Hong Kong is one of the few places that I really, really love. I've only been there once, 1998, and I just love it, the food, the culture, the lifestyle. I'm glad you were able to do a lot in your one night stay C=:-)

    By Blogger SugarCocoon, at Wed. Sep. 20, 03:59:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home