.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Cheesy Rounds

For my birthday celebration, I made some chocolatey chilli-chocolate shortbread biscuits to fill some party bags with. To complement these cookies, I also baked some Cheesy Rounds which were based on Nigella's recipe for Cheesy Feet in Feast. As the chilli-chocolate shortbread were chilli-flavoured (hence the name), I also added some chilli powder to Nigells' recipe. I didn't have any small cookie cutters (let alone one in the shape of feet!) so I just rolled the dough into a log and cut rounds from it. I didn't bother refrigerating it first (too impatient), so it was a little crumbly but I just used a sharp knife and it turned out okay. Here's the recipe, Niki:

Cheesy Rounds
100 g grated cheddar cheese, 25 gm soft butter, 50g pl. flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, chilli powder to taste
1. Put all ingredients into food processor and vlitz until dough comes together
2. Roll into log and refrigerate for 15 min if you have time
3. Slice into 4mm thick rounds
4. Bake for 10 min at 200C. Take out while still soft in middle as they will continue to crisp as they cool on the rack.

1 Comments:

  • Thank you! I do have Nigella's book, Feast, but never considered the recipe as something that could be cut from log form. What a great idea!

    By Blogger Niki, at Fri. Aug. 19, 10:42:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home