.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My NEW Cookie Press!

A very good friend of mine, P, who just recently got engaged - CONGRATULATIONS!!! - came by to visit our new place last weekend. Can you believe that she not only brought along a birthday present for me, but asked if I would be her bridesmaid. Are you kidding? I've been looking forward to this day forever and now I'll get to be a part of it too!

The present was an item that had been on my wish list for some time now - an Avanti Cookie Press and Icing Set! Of course I wanted to put it into action straight away but had to wait until this weekend - what a long week it was. It wasn't that easy to use initially - or maybe that's just me! - and I had trouble getting the first few cookie shapes to stick to the cookie sheet. I ended up trying out two other templates and managed to work out the right amount of dough to push out to get some decent looking cookies. With the flower-shaped cookies, I stuck some diced glaced apricots in the middle partway through baking to prevent them from burning. These are for a coworker moving into our building and for three gorgeous girls who are turning six this week. I also made some loveheart cookies for P to thank her for the great present.

Here's myrecipe - a combination of the recipe presented by Avanti and one that I found on the Better Homes and Gardens website:

Spritz Cookies
340 g butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 1 tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3.5 cups plain flour
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
2. Add egg, vanilla extract and milk and beat until combined
3. Stir in flour
4. Pack dough into cookie press and push dough out onto cookie sheet
5. Bake at 170C for 8 - 10 min until edges are firm but not brown

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home