.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Onion Tart

Along with everyone else, I've also volunteered to do some recipe testing for the Good Home Cookbook. The first recipe that I tried was pretty straight forward - Glazed Onions (cooked with dry sherry). They suggested it aa topping for steaks and burgers but as this is not really normal fare at our place, I decided to use it for an onion tart instead.

Now, I'm really not into making pastry at all. I tried it once in a baking class about 12 months ago, but it seems like too much work to lazy ol' me! Unfortunately, the only casing I could find at our local supermarket was labelled pastry flan. There was a recipe on the back of the packaging for a spinach and feta tart, so I didn't realise that it was actually a sweet pastry. After mixing the glazed onions together with some eggs and cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg and pouring into the tart casing, I baked it at 170C for about 15-20 min. I thought it looked pretty wonderful and brought some into work for everyone to try. I didn't mind the taste cos I have a sweet tooth anyway, but the overall feeling was that it was too sweet for a savoury tart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home