.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Creamy, cheesy duck eggs

Okay, I 'm starting to think that I think too much about food. I was reading this post last night and guess what happened? I dreamt about eggs. Yes, you heard that right. Eggs with beautiful yellow yolks. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this!

Upon waking this morning, I remembered the scrambled eggs I made for A a few weekends back. These were not just your everyday scrambled eggs, however. These were scrambled duck eggs. These eggs had an incredibly creamy texture and they had a (more than) slight cheesiness that made A think that I had added some cheddar while scrambling them. They are richer in flavour than chicken eggs, but I would first need to try them with soy sauce to decide if I would prefer them over chicken eggs!

5 Comments:

  • Oh yum - duck eggs! And no, you are not the only one; I am constantly dreaming about food, especially when I have something complicated I am working out in a recipe. A chef I know told me recently that his special for the evening came to him in his sleep.

    Also, the picture of your 2 kitties looking at the laptop is so cute that even my Husband saved it as his wallpaper and now follows WCB to see all the updates.

    By Blogger Lisa the Waitress, at Sat. Sep. 10, 10:25:00 pm AEST  

  • Duck eggs are soooo good poached!

    By Blogger Clare Eats, at Sun. Sep. 11, 02:37:00 am AEST  

  • Lisa: So Bella & Tasha have become cover girls - chuckle, chuckle!

    Clare: Thanks for the tip - I will have to get more at the next market and try them poached!

    By Blogger cin, at Sun. Sep. 11, 02:05:00 pm AEST  

  • Wow Cin - the influence of the net is spreading into your dreams now! Your subconscious must have been thinking "eggs for breakfast, eggs for breakfast!"

    And those eggs look incredibly good - so yellow. I have always wanted to try duck eggs but haven't seen them offered anywhere except maybe the Vic Markets. If Booroondara or Collingwood's on this weekend, I might pop down and see what I can find.

    By Blogger plum, at Thu. Sep. 15, 02:23:00 pm AEST  

  • Yeah, look what you did to me! I bought the eggs from Collingwood, but the next market is second Sat of October.

    By Blogger cin, at Thu. Sep. 15, 04:17:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home