.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

BBM2 - my recipient!


My BBM recipient has received the two parcels that I posted some time ago!

As she does not have her own blog (yet) I'm posting photos of the items that I sent her:

Donna Hay magazine: I love this mag because it has lovely heavy pages and the covers always catch my eye. Look at this one - a beautiful almost midnight blue.

Tim Tams: Couldn't go past this, but I went with my favourite - the Double Coat - instead of the classic. I almost sent the Black Forest as well, but A thought there might be an overkill of chocolate (is that possible, I hear you ask, and I can tell you from experience that it most definitely is when you are doing Tim Tam slammers!).

Paton's Macadamia Royals: These macadamias are coated in a crunchy toffee before being dipped in milk chocolate. We served these at our wedding in large balloon glasses with coffee.

Classic Australian chocolate assortment: Violet Crumble, Cherry Ripe, Caramello Koala

Vegemite (in-a-biskit): I thought about sending Vegemite, but because it is an acquired taste, I went with these Vegemite-flavoured biscuits instead.



Asian Spice Pastes: Australian society is very multinational and seeing as we are so close to Asia, I decided to include these spice pastes: Vietnamese Lemongrass Marinade, Malaysian Chicken Curry Paste, Thai Green Curry Paste. I'm not sure I saw any stores selling these in Brugge, the hometown of my BBM recipient.

Wartaka Dukkah: I picked this up at the Slow Food Festival. Although the Australian spices are not listed on their pack I managed to find out that it contains, amongst other spices, Lemon Myrtle, a native Australia herb.

Pavlova Magic: I wanted to send a very Australian Pavlova over but didn't think it would survive the trip! So the next best thing was to send a DIY kit.


Yo-Yo biscuits: A classic in cafes all around town although I'm a little uncertain of its origins. As these are quite delicate, I'm hoping that they didn't get shaken around too much.

You will need to visit the Samantha Files to see what Eva thought about the goodies I sent...

2 Comments:

  • I really love both packages. It looks like you (and Sandra) put a lot of thought into them. I'm totally jealous of all the Aussie goodies.

    By Blogger Nic, at Thu. Oct. 13, 11:30:00 pm AEST  

  • I'm so jealous of your BBM partner, especially because of those Tim Tams! And there's no such thing as chocolate overkill at my house, LOL. Thanks, by the way, for joining the Book Swap this go-around. We're happy to have you. :)

    Amy

    By Blogger Amy, at Fri. Oct. 14, 01:00:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home