.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Curry Scrambled Eggs!

Last night, the Melbourne food bloggers - well, the four of us who could make it anyway - finally managed to meet up thanks to a huge effort from Ed. The food bloggers in Sydney seem to get together quite regularly but this is the first time any of the Melbourne bloggers have become acquainted in person. Admittedly, I was a little apprehensive - after all, how much can you tell about someone from their blog? :-) Fortunately, Ed, Jamie and Sarah all turned out to be just fine - phew!

In his most recent post, Jamie proposes that most people have a preference for either a savoury breakfast of eggs & bacon or a sweet one of muesli & fruit. I'm definitely a sweet person and it's rare that I have a craving for bacon & eggs. I recently realised that this is also reflected in the food that I blog about and I have decided to be more balanced with my posts. So, I'll start with the breakfast that I made for A this morning.

These scrambled eggs were inspired by Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid's Mangoes and Curry Leaves. I started by frying some shallots, crushed ginger, curry leaves and dried chilli flakes in olive oil before adding a beaten egg & scrambling.

The curry scrambled egg was served with Turkish basturma (aka pasturma). I love the way the green curry leaves are veiled in a translucent egginess.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home