.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Step-by-step Instructions for Kugelhopf

The Bredel Market in Strasbourg consisted of a number of undercover stalls that sold bredel, bredel and more bredel. This stall was an exception as they were demonstrating how to bake kugelhopf, a light yeasted bread that usually contain raisins and lemon peel and is topped with almonds. The ones they were making on this day contained chocolate chips.

Our compact digital camera broke down while we were in Prague. Although A. was finally able to fix it so that we could take some photos with it at a later stage (ie. I had to place my hand under the lens as I turned on the camera in case in it fell off, then soom to a certain point in order to focus), at this point we were shooting with a Kodak disposable camera (gasp!). When I took photos of the white-haired gentleman who was shaping the bread, he couldn't believe that I was using a disposable camera because he hadn't seen one in ages!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home