.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Iced 'The Rouge Metis'

You don't need to be a tea connoisseur to have heard of Mariage Frere, with many bloggers having waxed lyrical about their divine products.The post that caught my attention however was posted on Kuidoare where J. posted a photo that displayed the teapot of my dreams. It was the very shape that I had been searching for, with the platinum glaze and the cast iron lid only adding to its beauty. Whether I would be able to afford it or not, I knew that A. and I would have to visit Mariage Frere while in Paris even if it was just to gaze upon the teapot.

The sweet scent of mingled tea flavours assaults your olfactory senses as soon as you step foot in the door. The number of teas on offer is quite overwhelming but we managed somehow to choose four different types, including the Marco Polo.

We have only tried two so far, The Blanc au Jasmin and my favourite - The Rouge Metis. This red tea is very sweet smelling and contains berries, lavendar, currants. Although it tastes great brewed in the usual fashion, we love chilling it and serving it cold from the fridge with red tea ice cubes. It's perfect for the humid weather we are currently experiencing.

And yes, we did travel home with the teapot :-)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home