.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Look what I got for Mother's Day! Aren't my parents the best? te hee hee

After getting up extra early on a Sunday for the Mother's Day Classic, a fun run around Melbourne's Botanical Garden, we rushed around to Sydney Road to pick up some Lebanese sweets to share when our families came over that afternoon. I didn't get photos of the Knafi, a Lebanese pastry made with clotted cream and topped with pistachios and syrup, but we normally order it in a huge tray that measures 50-60cm in diametre. We normally have this with kaak, a type of bread sprinkled with sesame seeds. This dessert is popular for celebratory-type occasions such as the day after a wedding. I'm always astounded by the similarities in food between cultures and for those who are familiar, kaak is almost exactly like the Asian 'Ham Cheem Bang' (sorry, my terrible guess at the spelling!) minus the cinnamon. Hmmm, I wonder who came up with it first?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home