.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Friday, June 23, 2006

My First Half Marathon

What would you think about if you had 2 hours to do nothing but think?

Well, I thought about what a wonderful morning it was to be outside, that I would be going to the Good Food Show that afternoon, about how much I love my wonderful husband who was still in bed and how blessed I was to be able to do this:

Run to the G, Half Marathon

Would I do it again? If you had asked me immediately following, I think it would have been a resounding 'NO'. My left knee was hurting and my left foot was in pain - my overall impression was 'this activity is not good for your joints!'. Five days later, having fully recovered from listening to Kylie Minogue's last album for 45 min straight (accidentally set it on this just before starting and couldn't see menu as IPod was strapped to arm) and from the muscle tightness, I would definitely reconsider that response. Actually, it could almost become addictive...

12 Comments:

  • Congratulations! Time to get the Epsom salts out....

    By Blogger Bonnie, at Fri. Jun. 23, 07:25:00 pm AEST  

  • Congratulations Cin! And at least you wouldn't feel guilty about anything you sampled at the show!

    Half marathon. That is hard core.

    By Blogger plum, at Fri. Jun. 23, 07:56:00 pm AEST  

  • Congratulations, Cin! That's an amazing accomplishment. Good for you!

    By Anonymous Ivonne, at Fri. Jun. 23, 11:56:00 pm AEST  

  • You Go Girl....and thanks for my parcel.

    By Anonymous Barbara, at Sat. Jun. 24, 12:28:00 pm AEST  

  • Thanks, everyone!

    Barbara, hope that you liked what was in it. Thanks for mine too!

    By Blogger cin, at Sat. Jun. 24, 04:45:00 pm AEST  

  • Congratulations! You must feel fantastic for having achieved this.

    Right that's it it's off to the gym for me. :)

    By Blogger Belinda, at Sun. Jun. 25, 01:50:00 pm AEST  

  • Cin, well done! It's a great feeling to complete a half-marathon - I know I never thought I could run that far, and now I've done it twice...
    Hope the parcel arrived safely - I'm drinking the rainforest tea you sent now!

    By Anonymous Nico, at Mon. Jun. 26, 07:00:00 pm AEST  

  • wow!!! congrats!

    By Blogger Valisa, at Tue. Jun. 27, 11:52:00 pm AEST  

  • Congratulations! It is a fantastic feeling, isn t it?

    Half marathons are the best: great distance without risking serious injury. But, you may get the "itch" to try the full... I did two half marathons in consecutive years then trained and completed my first full only two months ago.

    Runnning is the best way to be able to enjoy great food (and surf the net for wonderful blogs like yours looking for inspiration)

    By Anonymous SallyBR, at Wed. Jun. 28, 05:41:00 am AEST  

  • Belinda: I do feel great because I've achieved my goal!

    Nico: Was just taking picture of it yesterday so thank you! I hope that you like everything that I sent too.

    Valisa: Thanks so much!

    sallyb: Welcome! Yes, great feeling and potentially addictive. I may very well go the full distance some time in the future but at this moment I don't think I am brave enough!

    By Blogger cin, at Wed. Jun. 28, 08:59:00 am AEST  

  • Just wanted to say that when I finished my first half, I had only ONE thought in my mind: NO WAY I could EVER try the full...

    But, times passes, muscles heal, and.... :-)

    By Anonymous SallyBR, at Wed. Jun. 28, 10:19:00 am AEST  

  • That's fantastic, Cin! I've been thinking about running marathon too, but never actually done it as I'm so lazy... Well done and I'm already looking forward to hearing about the next run :)

    By Anonymous keiko, at Fri. Jun. 30, 08:04:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home