.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Antipodean Blogging

I love receiving packages in the mail! The feeling of anticipation when you know a parcel is on its way, especially when you don't know exactly what it will contain.

I was fortunate to receive not one but THREE great packages, although I have to apologize for only having photos of the contents of TWO. Barbara's was the first to arrive: pinapple lumps, sea salt flakes, Whittakers Peanut Slab, candles & mud soap from Rotarua, dried blueberry snacklets, freeze-dried Kiwi fruit nectar all wrapped up in a hand-woven red basket. the package arrived at work and everything edible was gobbled up so quickly that I didn't even get a chance to take a photo. Sorry Barbara! And thanks for the lovely parcel.

Nicola's parcel arrived not long after that and I was so delighted to receive a huge tea towel with a recipe for pavlova (who really invented it first?), organic coffee, some Whittaker bars in white, milk and dark chocolate, a Pinapple Lumps and a Giant Toasted Marshmallow chocolate bar and a Cotterill & Rouse Tamarillo Chutney that I can't wait to use. And look at the two great food magazines! I was so tempted to pick up the Dish magazine the last time I was at the newsagents but I'm so happy that I resisted now.

And today, a hefty little pack from Jules! His blog focusses on wine so I wasn't sure what to expect but look at the bottles; EVOO from Hawke's Bay, an interestingly named Rocket Fuel sauce which I'm really looking forward to tasting (is it like a sweet chilli I wonder), Telegraph Hill Lemon & Herb olives, Kaitai Fire chilli pepper sauce and Gernot's Gold lemon & ginger marmalade. Wow! My husband has already claimed the chilli sauce and olives :-) Thanks so much, Jules!!!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home