.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Few of My Favourite Things!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Pre-Wedding Dinner Sapore

Some wonderful friends of ours, C & P, tied the knot last weekend! Before the wedding though, P had a quiet 'Hen's Night' a few weeks back with some close friends and family. 7 of us gathered at Aurora Spa Retreat to have our cares massaged away while Prue was treated to their Guku Cocoon Signature Teratment and cocooned in Jellybush honey. Some of our group even caught a glimpse of Guy Sebastian before he was led off for his treatment!

We were then off to have drinks at Lionel's - the idea being that we woudl be detoxing with the spa treatment, then toxing right back up again with champagne... - then dinner at Sapore. I don't remember the details about our dishes but here are some photos to share. Our waitress a little put off when we wanted more time to look at the menu, but otherwise the food was perfectly acceptable. I started with oysters while P had salt and pepper calamari, then grilled West Australian scampi for the main while P had gnocchi.

5 Comments:

  • I think quiet hens nights may be the thing - I went to one a few weeks back which was held as a 'high tea' afternoon and very nice and relaxed :)

    The food looks great, btw - sounds like quite the weekend!

    By Anonymous Ellie, at Sun. Aug. 06, 12:51:00 am AEST  

  • Wow. Now that's my kinda hen's night!

    I'm with you. I always go for the seafood option.

    By Blogger Helen (AugustusGloop), at Sun. Aug. 06, 01:08:00 pm AEST  

  • I have a foodie blog like yours too....and i was browsing on the internet for the chocolate fire cafe and I saw your blog! WOW....your blog is NICE!!! And i'm from melbourne

    By Blogger Van, at Mon. Aug. 07, 12:39:00 pm AEST  

  • wow! thats lovely presentation of food. drooling ....

    By Blogger fooDcrazEE, at Mon. Aug. 07, 10:09:00 pm AEST  

  • Ellie: great fun and definitely my kind of night

    AG: Grilled scampi - yum!

    Can: Glad you stumbled onto here. Have you been to Chocolate Fire now and what did you think?

    FC: Thanks, mate! There are more delish pictures coming up from my Sydney trip.

    By Blogger cin, at Tue. Aug. 08, 01:58:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home